I had a 1992 FORD pickup surge UPHILL through a STOP sign

Scariest thing ever. Happened without warning. I'm glad no one was in front of me.
I came to a complete stop and waited for traffic to clear.
Suddenly, on a steep uphill incline, the Ford accelerated and would not stop.
I had both feet on the brakes.
I moved out into the street like this and as I turned the wheel, every thing went back to normal. Engine quit racing
I told my boss about his truck almost killing me.
He laughed it off.
Two weeks later, HE came in sweating and telling his story of the same thing. I looked him in the eye, laughed and said "Oh come on no one believes those kind of stories unless it happens to them."
He said, "Oh."
That was most likely a loose motor mount. Common during those years.
--
Mr Ed
http://www.ed-camin.com

Site Timeline