I had a 1992 FORD pickup surge UPHILL through a STOP sign

Scariest thing ever. Happened without warning. I'm glad no one was in front of me.

I came to a complete stop and waited for traffic to clear.

Suddenly, on a steep uphill incline, the Ford accelerated and would not stop.

I had both feet on the brakes.

I moved out into the street like this and as I turned the wheel, every thing went back to normal. Engine quit racing

I told my boss about his truck almost killing me.

He laughed it off.

Two weeks later, HE came in sweating and telling his story of the same thing. I looked him in the eye, laughed and said "Oh come on no one believes those kind of stories unless it happens to them."

He said, "Oh."

Reply to
user777

That was most likely a loose motor mount. Common during those years.

Reply to
Mr Ed