Mike Romain

Hey, it just occured to me. I havent been here in quite a while and when I do come, I browse through really fast so I miss stuff.

I was just wondering, how are you feeling? How is your recovery doing? I hope you are doing much better. This summer will be a year right?

How is your ground strap? ;)

KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Hanging in there thanks.

Not a real happy camper though....

Impact damage is nasty, I am losing the sight in my right eye, it has gone badly double vision all by it's self and is getting worse, the left eye seems ok.

I did have one stroke from bouncing off the door frame and I just had a second MRI to make sure I didn't have a second one when the eye went nuts. Got those results last week. The eye surgeon figures the gel center of my eye got knocked loose and it isn't healing nice, it is pulling on the macula or vision center.

At least my neck is holding stable and I can handle 2 or 3 hours of light off roading without being in too much pain.

It has been a long year.....

Mike

Mike Romain

Wow man, hang in there. Im glad at least you are still here :) KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Hi Mike:

Sorry to hear that you are still having health problems. Our prayers are with you for a good recovery.

Are you taking vitamins? I am a strong believer in a GOOD QUALITY multi-vitamin and mineral tablet every day, plus extra vitamin C, and other vitamins daily. When I say good quality, I don't mean a One A Day brand or similar multi vitamin. Go to a local health food store and check into high quality, high potency multiples.

I'm not saying that extra daily vitamins will "cure what ails you," but they will help promote overall good health, healing, etc.

Hope you feel better soon,

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

Oh ya, I am trying to be a good boy with diet and things. Even quit cigarettes back before xmas.... It's a strange feeling being able to breath clear again, LOL, really strange.

Thanks,

Mike

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Wholly Kao Mike,

I didn't realize you were in an accident. I Wish you a speedy recovery.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri

Thanks, ya I was a passenger in a car that was T-boned on the passenger side...

Mike

William Oliveri wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Congratulations on that and hope the rest heals soon.

---------------------------------------------------- Del Rawlins- del@_kills_spammers_rawlinsbrothers.org Remove _kills_spammers_ to reply via email. Unofficial Bearhawk FAQ website:

Del Rawlins

Reply to
twaldron

Yes I do, very much so!

That was a text book case for a top side air bag.

My knee would still have got smucked up likely, (I am tall, no place for my leg to move to so it was against the door and dash) but the side snap of my head wouldn't have happened maybe. I have ended up with the neck vertebra from C-3 to C-7 compressed which is raising hell on my left side seizing 'all' the muscles including the ones I breathe with if I move wrong.

I wouldn't have hit the door frame either. That gave me a stroke and likely messed up the eye.

I was in a Saturn Car.

Mike

twaldr>

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Thanks Bill.

Mike

"L.W.(ßill) Hughes III" wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Amen! KH

Reply to
Kevin in San Diego

Wo, Mikew, I wasn't aware what had happened. My thoughts are with you, get well soon.

Reply to
Jerry McG

Sorry to ask mike...but what happened?

Reply to
SB

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I had a chunk of dirt scratch my eye so the local clinic put a patch on it and said don't drive, back last June. A friend who owns a Jeep, but had traded it for a Saturn car with his boss for a couple days (divorced boss, had kids for weekend, wanted Jeep) offered to drive me to the beer store.

We got back and he was turning right into the driveway when some fool in a Honda came flying by on the ditch side and T-boned me sitting in the passenger seat. The street is only 9 houses long and is sand seal with ditches.

My knee got messed up from the front end coming through the door, the seat belt popped a couple ribs out of place, my head hit the door post causing a stroke which messed up my sense of smell among other things and put 4 neck vertebra into compression and messed up my sight in my right eye big time....

Oh and then I got the freaking Mumps from the doctors office just before Xmas and got quarantined for the holidays!!!!!! The whole damn holiday season!

I have had a shitty year...

It's getting better! I can cruise trails now without being in pain as long as I don't push it! Physotherapy even agrees and recommends it. I only use a lap belt on the trails and the no impact twisting and turning helps my back.

Mike

SB wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Nope, praying is not silly in my book.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

GOOD FOR YOU!!!! =)

Reply to
jbjeep
  1. Glad you're getting better.
  2. I hope they hung this guy up by his toe nails.
  3. I hope you're getting some $$ from this so you can handle the loss of work, etc.

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri