Can I take it for a spin?

In 1966, just after I had bought my Super Hawk (1966 R1 GT Hawk) I ran across a buddy, a sports csr driver, who wanted to take it for a ride. I went along wiith the idea and with the car. Richie was a good driver, but I thought he was approaching a curve a bit too fast, but said nothing. We went over a low curb and sliding across a long field of grass. We came close to a huge stone tower monument to an explorer who had visited there shortly after the Pilgrams came. When we stopped, he sat for a second and exclaimed, "Oh, That's a 160 MPH speedometer!"

He had put the needle at the usual angle on the dial for going through that corve with his MGA so he was going quite a bit faster. Take heed when you let others drive you car at night after a few brews.

Reply to
Karl Haas

Aren't you supposed to post this on April 1st? (A '66 GT Hawk???)

Reply to
DEEPNHOCK

Don't you know Jeff they made those 66 Super Hawks in Canada

Reply to
studeblu