New Prius fuel consumption

I purchased a 2007 package 3 about 3 weeks ago.

First tank of gas: mixed driving 46.5mpg calculated, 47.1mpg computer.

Second tank of gas: mostly highway 50.7mpg calculated, 49.7mpg computer.

I believe I am getting about 42 city, 52 highway.

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

If by "city" you mean ALL your miles are on surface streets with no freeway travel at all, and "freeway" similarly means no surface streets, then I'd say that's normal.

I see 47 or so in mixed use, 50-53 on straight highway. I never do any tanks all on surface streets.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

55mpg going 50mph, hwy. 45mpg going 75mpg, hwy. 43mpg, heavy stop/go city traffic.

the 60mpg rated in city isn't real city driving obviously, it translates to city speeds (40mph) on a straight level hwy.

bob

Reply to
bob