Not Too Shabby MPG

It's been a bit milder here in New England than usual. If Ol' Man winter is reading this, it ain't a complaint. If January, February and March are mild that would be great. Two fill-ups worked out to 48 plus and 49 plus some MPG. For comparison, 52 to 57 MPG are the norm for Summer. Our excursions have taken us to the higher altitudes of New Hamphire and mid 20's over night. After having a short chat with a long haul truck driver I truely understand the pain these guys are going through for meeting their deadlines and fuel cost. He said I wouldn't believe how fast he can go through $400 worth. I wondered how feasable it was to haul logs from Vermont to Georgia. I suppose if they aren't available near the destination, then there's no choice. But how sincere could his gripe be if he passed me going well above 65 mph? Dunno...

Reply to
mark digital©