Prius teardown video

This is pretty cool...

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell

Pretty stupid, actually.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

What's the point? No emphasis on the hybrid technology. Was the point that a vehicle can be stripped? Seems a damn waste. They might as well have driven it into a field and burned it. Sheesh.

Reply to
michilko

I was wondering that, too. Maybe it was to do a Haynes manual for it, since those advertise they are "based on a complete teardown and rebuild." Not enough detail shown to help us, in any event.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

I think the point is that they have the torn down Prius on display at ESC in San Francisco this week, so that you can see all the electronics etc. The video is just a sweetener for this, showing you the process of it being stripped down for display. I expect they'll put it back together again after the show.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Russell