Resetting "Maint Required" Light as Common Courtesy

Memo to Toyota dealerships:

Please reset the "Maintenance Required" light while performing an oil change as a common courtesy for the customers. Failure to reset the indicator will result in me taking my Prius to another dealership or mechanic.

Reply to
Doug

I'm in full agreement with ya, although it takes less time to reset it yourself than it took to write the post.

rpm

Reply to
onerpm

Luckily, my local dealers print on the work order to remember to reset the Maint Reqd light whenever they do an oil change.

However, if you change the oil yourself, or have a local mechanic do it, or your local dealer forgets, the instructions are available:

Page 122-123 of the US 2004 Prius Owner's Manual (Section 2-5 "Operation of Instruments and Controls: Gauges, Meters and Service Reminder Indicators", item (j) in the "Service reminder indicators and warning buzzers" section.

page 14 of the User-Guide:

mrv