maintainence required light

can any tell me how to turn off the maintainence required light without taking it to a dealer ? thanks in advance

Reply to
thomasd

Can anyone tell you how to read your owner's manual?

Reply to
bearman

RTFM it's in there.

Reply to
SnoBrdr

if people read the owner's manual, probably 3/4 of the questions here would not be necessary

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

Reply to
Long Ranger

On Thu, 5 Jun 2008 18:09:21 -0400, "thomasd" scribbled:

switch the odometer to the trip A, turn off the ignition. hold down the trip indicator, turn the ignition on, the trip A will turn to four or five dashes, hold the trip indicator down until they disappear.

Reply to
charlie

IF they have an owners manual. I do not have one for my 87 pickup.

Reply to
Mike Dobony

Where's my manual? Why don't you send me one?

Reply to
Mike Dobony

How hard have you looked for one? Google is your friend.

Reply to
bearman

lol the next question will be "how do I google?"

Reply to
Fuller Wrath

The real question here is what the purpose of this newsgroup is. If questions are not allowed or ridiculed by a subject standard of which ones are deserving, then the newsgroup loses its value for me. I do know how to Google and quite frankly, have found more information in that resource than through this newsgroup, save for a couple of good hearts. While I am not involved in this discussion, I find the berating attitudes sometimes expressed here a bit disturbing. You sign on voluntarily and read and reply voluntarily for Christ sake. If you feel like your time has been wasted by someone asking a question they might have found out about in the manual (if they have one) look in the mirror to find the real culprit. If the purpose of the group is to tell people to look elsewhere for answers to the questions they have, the group has probably outlived it's usefulness in many ways.

Just my opinion

Reply to
William Morris

I for one, being a new toyota owner find this group helpful. I had the Look in "manual" response as well BUT I also had a few REAL PEOPLE answer the questions i had, as i never owned a toyota before. I have noticed that this group is NOT rocking hard as the chevy4x4 group BUT Thats a good thing I guess, it means toyota is built stronger JMO

SO Thanks to the REAL people who dont mind giving an answer or a thought.

Reply to
Charles H.

None of the political questions posted here are in the manual. If THOSE questiions were not asked, 3/4 of the discussions would not be taking place.

So what?

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

Here's one for an '85. It should work in most cases.

chuck

On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 03:07:28 -0700, charlie spat out the following (in article ):

For my 2006 Taco the odometer is set to odo, not Trip A.

Desert Guy

Reply to
Desert Guy

Ditto my '05.

Reply to
Valued Corporate #120,345 Empl

I was wondering also about the so called helpful answers also. It seems that at times some people have such an attitude. Maybe the guy wanted to save some time by posting a question and hoping for a quick answer.

Reply to
Rhaspun

Maybe people answer with attitude because they have answered the same question multiple times already in the past. I have seen this many times, when somebody obviously has made no attempt to read any past messages and just posts a question that was answered less than

200 messages before. I have seen many good and quick answers on the board without attitude when it is something new or when the poster asks a question and includes enough details to make a good determination of the problem.

Just my 2 pennies, Mike

Reply to
Mike K

Fair enough...