the good old days . . .

"Remember the good old days when this was just a place to exchange facts and observations about our Priuses. How'd we attract this moronic . . ."

It is a common problem in unmoderated forums. A troll comes and tries to cause a rucus. All it takes is self-discipline and kill-file technology or switch to a troll free forum. My favorite is:

GreenHybrid.com

Fortuantely, trolls often try to start a rucus. Simply use their subject in a temporary kill-file and in the silence, they will move on. Realize a troll, like a SPAMMER, is a sociopath. They have no interest in what you think but live for what you think about them . . .

Bob Wilson

Reply to
Bob Wilson

Cut the crap Bob. You idiots delight in fighting or you'd keep your yap shut. Right?

Blazing Saddles: Bart [to himself] "Baby, you are so good...and they are so DUMB."

Reply to
crystal

All very true, although they are not typically sociopaths in the literal sense - sociopaths lack emotional awareness, rather than wallowing in emotional sewage as trolls do. The guy currently making a fool of himself here is unusual in that most trolls are plainly very young teens. This one seems to be an adult (judging by his potential level of articulacy) but is as emotionally impaired as a pre-teen. He also has obvious intellectual impairments but again, that was not always the case. He was once somebody, and now is not. I don't know if he is aware his only admirer is the face in the mirror or that his greatest enemy is the same face, nor do I care. Maybe some day he will recover from whatever is destroying his personality enough to compare himself to a functioning adult, and he will find the strength in himself to become a human being. But I'm not holding my breath.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

All that psychobabble and the truth is it's fun punching holes in stuff shirts on the net. Ask your shrink for your money back...it didn't take.

Reply to
crystal

There is only one way to get rid of the trolls : don't feed them and soon or late they die...

Reply to
Carpe Diem

Funny how you armchair moralists DO initially feed the "trolls" so much at the beginning...then when Jesus tells you to use your profanity and insults and it fails, you decide to retreat and declare victory. Typical hypocrites. You are trolls, too. I win by first impact, I win by getting you to show your true colors, I win by outing you, I win by getting you to run while declaring your courage. I just win and win and win and win. And you know it. :-)

Reply to
tradition

Yeah, but this one is too easy; he is entertaining in his stupidity. He doesn't have the savvy to troll effectively, so I got the guilty pleasure of watching him make a fool of himself time after time. It was kinda like watching "Home Alone." But I got bored. It's still a kick to see his posts as I scan the group (they stick out because he is so bad), but I don't bother reading them any more. He has nothing to interest me. He will die, as you say, and it doesn't matter either way to me.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

The only place you win is in your delusions, boy.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

"Michelle Steiner" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@news.west.cox.net...

Is this "message" meant for me?! Anyway, delusion isn't in MY vocabulary...

Reply to
Carpe Diem

Nope; it's meant for " snipped-for-privacy@tradition.net" aka "Colors" the troll. Yeah, I fed the troll; it seems to upset him when I do. The poor boy thinks he's in some sort of contest and that he's winning it.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Never figured out what he thought he was "winning." Really weird. With all those problems he is certainly not winning in any area of his life, and if somebody here has trophies for posts I hadn't heard about it.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Not so weird, really. Someone like that wins by getting otherwise intelligent people to waste time responding.

(Not to sound holier than thou, since I've done more than my share of responding to others like him in other newsgroups.)

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

Mike is a brainless dolt all right, no doubt of the same "confused" sexuality as his twinkie, Michelle. Look at how he can't answer a single question because he is so incompetent. And he can't spell even when corrected. That one is the sort of fool who repeats the same behavior over and over again and expects different results: truly the sign of a diseased and deranged mind. I just hope when Mike gets arrested for possession of kiddie p*rn he has saved up his meds to take them all at once and end his miserable pathetic existence.

Reply to
jim34

When I post a query and I get a bunch of self-slurpers like you having a morality farting contest, who can blame me for lighting a match?

Reply to
jim34

He probably puts a gold star on his living room wall each message he posts.

Reply to
Michelle Steiner

Michelle puts a gold star on her carpet each time she has a woman for lunch. It's tough on her getting the cotton out of her teeth.

Reply to
jim34

As i sead earlier : don't feed the trolls and we get rid of them within hours... please...

Reply to
Carpe Diem

Kirk: "Kirk to Enterprise." Spock: "Spock here." Kirk: "Captain Spock, damage report." Spock: "Admiral, if we go by the book, like Lieutenant Saavik, hours would seem like days, and days seem like months." Kirk: "Understood. Kirk out."

Star Trek: The Wrath of Khan

Reply to
MrInternet

Saying this _is_ feeding the trolls. Seriously.

Reply to
Mike Rosenberg

This will be my last mention of the troll here. Any response to him is feeding him. Any remark about him is feeding him. Any mention of him in any context is feeding him. This post is feeding him. Totally ignoring him is what is called for here. And since he got so much notice here, he's likely to stay until we all totally ignore him for a while. And yes, I understand that this mention of him is breaking that policy, I thought it important to get this out. I apologize to the regulars for my part in keeping him here.

Reply to
OscartheGrouch