TRUCK RECALL?!?!?!?

I think I heard they're recalling Toyota trucks because the front propellor shaft can separate (probably at the U-joint...)

Oh, boy...

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Here's the lowdown. Take a look at who discovered the problem...

By now, we?ve lost count of how many vehicles Toyota has recalled (it?s somewhere north of 8.1 million vehicles). According to a Toyota spokesman, the Japanese automaker is also voluntarily recalling approximately 8,000 four-wheel-drive Tacoma pickups to fix a problem in the front propeller shaft.

Toyota says that a crack can develop in the rear joint of the Tacoma leading to the driveshaft separating and falling away from the truck.

The issue was discovered by Dana Corporation during the manufacturing process of the front prop shaft.

The recall affects Tacoma models that were produced from mid-December 2009 to early Feb. 2010.

DANA!!! Can you say, "Rusting frames"?

If I were Toyota' I think I'd consider dropping Dana from the list of preferred suppliers.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

hopefully toyota will have learned their lesson - don't trust domestic suppliers.

actually, two lessons: make sure your competition doesn't spend more on political donations than you do!

Reply to
jim beam

I thought CTS was going to be under close scrutiny, but I think Dana is toast! This is not as major a recall as the frames; the first round was

1996 or 97 to 2003, huundreds of thousands of trucks Toyota bought back for 150% of Kelley Blue Book, but a lot of them promptly bought a new Tacoma...

Only to find out a year or two later it ALSO had a Dana frame that could rot prematurely!

This recall 'only' affects 8,000 vehicles, but I bet the guys at Dana are sweating bullets...

Yeah, that too. I particularly liked the ads Chevrolet dealers were running that said, We'll give you $1,000 more than book value!

Sure! Why the hell not? It's *OUR* money!!!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Toyota , on its way to 10,000,000 recalls, Toyota hires retired-former NHTSA employees, they help squash many investigations that would have led to RECALLS. Toyota knew about accererator issues in 2003, just wait this might top 20,000,000 , Twenty Million, is its over?. And you lamely blame Dana on a few, now thats Lame. Toyotas whole modus has been "dont tell" anybody. They should hit toy with a Ten Billion dollar fine.

Reply to
ransley

And who the f*ck are you to dictate how others post? You don't own the thread, no one does.

At least the person you criticise has enough knowledge (unlike you) to have his computer clock set to the correct time and time zone so he doesn't appear to others to be posting in the future.

Reply to
Tom

I STARTED IT, SHIT FOR BRAINS!

Reply to
Hachiroku

And that gives you no rights what so ever, f****it. Sad, ain't it!

You may yawn, but I made you rectify your stupid screw-up.

Reply to
Tom

Dana makes frames for lots of companies. Why does it seem only the Toyota frames are so bad there are recalls for them?

Google the following:

  • rusting Toyota frame recall - 3,420,000 hits
  • rusting Ford frame recall - 478,000 hits, and most were actually talking about the Toyota rusting frames
  • rusting Chevrolet frame recall - 1,840,00 hits, and again most of them were actually talking about Rusting Toyota frames

Try it for yourself...

Given the fact that Ford and Chevrolet have each sold more than 10 times as many trucks as Toyota, don't you think if they had the same sort of problem with rusting frames, there be more complaints about them on the internet?

You guys need to quit drinking the Toyota kool-aid. They have repeatedly shown disregard for there Customer and have to be dragged kicking and screaming into doing the right thing.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

That was for the drive shaft. I thought Mike was talking about the rusting frames.

Ed

Reply to
C. E. White

BZZZZT!!! US and Canadian models ONLY.

Trucks with parts MADE IN JAPAN are NOT included. Only Dana junk.

And STOP cancelling the cross postings. If I WANTED the post only in toyota, I'd MAKE it only in Toyota!

Reply to
Hachiroku

Then why is it only US made trucks?

Read the release: Dana found an error in the manufacturing process.

Reply to
Hachiroku

frod just buries their mistakes. literally.

Reply to
jim beam

Or you, either. Stick that in your pipe and shove it, troll. No one has rights on Usenet, and if I choose to cross post, I will.

Wrong. I run Linux. Linux goes by GMT. So it sets the clock to GMT -5. Windoze doesn't know how to deal with a lot of anything, hence the Japanese characters after my user name can't be added to Windoze like they can in Linux. So in Windoze the clock is wrong, even if it is, technically, correct.

Those of you in Google Groups don't have to worry about stuff like that. Or is it WebTV?

Reply to
Hachiroku

Did I write that you couldn't cross post? Crosspost as much as you want. My criticism, Fuckwit, was at your telling someone else not to remove your crossposts when replying. Just as you can choose to cross post, he can choose to not do so. You get no say in how he posts.

Excuses, excuses. Whatever you say now, you have rectified your f*ck-up after I pointed out your incorrect time stamping.

So, you can't read headers either. I post direct to a Usenet news server using a news reader client.

GFY wanker.

Reply to
Tom

This one will really throw him for a l00p.

Reply to
Hachiroku

In message , jim writes

If Dana knew there was a defect in the steel, why did they use it, surely they bear the responsibility for using a known faulty product?

Reply to
Clive

Surely, you are ignorant of the facts.

The material the part is made of is not steel and the announcement did not say the material used was defective. The defect is said to be due to a failure in the manufacturing process control. And Dana is the one who reported the defect to the NHTSA.

-jim

Reply to
jim

"said to be"??? in other words, you don't actually know but you're prepared to guess, despite the fact that you're clueless about the process or the component or the material.

Reply to
jim beam

The actual report submitted to the NHTSA has not been released because that agency was shut down due to the snow storm. So we don't yet know exactly what Dana said. The only news reports are based on the notification Toyota sent to the toyota dealers.

According to those reports originating from Toyota the defective part is said to be "joint" in the drive shaft. And the failure due to "improper manufacturing process control".

Reply to
jim