800 indeicators

Hi folks

I have an interesting problem arisen with the indeicators on my 827 Sterling

when you turn on the indicator switch,a little "caravan" little come on and goes off, the indicators ar flashing very slowly.

The car does NOT have a tow bar fitted.

Any ideas, anyone.

Regards

vertuas

-- Start your own home based business today :

vertuas

For some reason you have the heavy duty 4 pin flasher unit fitted (for use with trailers, caravans etc) instead of the standard 3 pin flasher unit. The extra 4th pin goes to the caravan symbol light on the dashboard and should only flash when you are hooked up to a caravan trailer etc! It may also come on when using the hazard warning lights without trailer or caravan hookup!

Hope this helps

Reply to
Stephen Reed

If you just have the 3 pin unit, there may be resistance in the circuit, dirty connection, faulty earth, or water ingress behind the dash due to leaking windscreen seals?

Good luck...

Reply to
Stephen Reed