Rover 414 starting problem

I have an odd problem with my 'S' reg 414

In normal use, i.e. short trips, it starts first time, every time, no sign of battery problems, great.

But recently, if it goes on a long journey, stops and is then re-started quite quickly (like a stop at a motorway services) - it makes a very weak half turn of the engine and then nothing... doesn't turn over, and so, um, doesn't start.

Leave it a few more minutes (to cool down?) and it bursts into life as usual - just as you're beginning to panic ;-)

any ideas? I'm not looking forward to when it continues to make no sound at all when the key is turned... my nerves can't take it

Reply to
Paul Crossley

Check the earth strap on the front frame; they have a tendency to break.

Reply to
malcolm burton