820 Vitesse

Hi. I have just swapped my old car far a 1995 vitesse turbo but it has a few problems that I hope this group can help with? Every now and again the windows and sun roof won't close and after a little while they work ok! The spare wheel hole fills up with water and it has made the car smell a bit odd! I only have 1 remote button box, is it possible to get a new one just in case I loose this one? If I did loose this one how do I get the immobiliser off because I do not have the number for the key movements as specified in the owners manual.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. It's a great car to drive but I don't want to be worrying un-nessacerialy.

TIA

Reply to
tands1

Have a look athe Rover 800 group on Yahoo - really helpful lot there:

They've help me out with my 820 on more than one occasion!

Any problems, give me a shout,

Regards,

Steve

1996 820i fastback
Reply to
Steven Keyte

Common - solder points on the under dash fuse box need retouching, fairly easy job if you know how to solder. Battery off, unplug all the fuses, screws off and resolder

Boot seal, probably where it makes an S above the light cluster, or, could be the light cluster itself (foam gasket!! stupid design). Remove clean and silicone gasket back in, reseal boot rubber with sealastik (NOT silicone, it wont bond to the rubber seal- i know from painful experience)

Boxes are available but not cheap - look on ebay for box+ sensor for an easy life. Remote code *may* be available if you have a tame dealer locally, take proof of ownership in to stealership (log book + driving licence) and ask. Stealership can also reprogram the unit (for a fee) if you get one cheap s/h.

no problem - as pointed out by Steven, join the 800 group- all of the above is mentioned with regularity.

Reply to
Mad Ad