'98 420SLDT Air con

Hi, Hoping someone can tell me where exactly on the engine is the oil temperature sensor for the air con system. I'm told that there are separate sensors for the air con and the engine management.

Cheers, Lee

Reply to
Proteus

Thanks to all who helped with my questions about this problem. The wiring diagram helped, but it was the oil temp switch that was permanently open circuit.

Have just found it this afternoon and shorted it out and now I have wonderful cold air blowing! I will replace it at the next oil change. I assume removing the switch from the oil filter mounting is not a good idea while there's oil in the system.

Thanks again!

Lee

Reply to
Proteus

That's good you got there in the end by the way the oil temp switch does not go straits into the oil way it s just in the casting so you could remove it.

Reply to
R A

Ah, good. Thanks for that info too!

Reply to