'98 420 SLDT clutch pedal position

Hi,

According to the Haynes manual, the hydraulic clutch is self adjusting. The clutch pedal on my car is now about 2" higher than the brake pedal and I'm sure this has got progressively higher over the last few weeks.

The car had a new clutch fitted about 18 months ago and has done about

20,000 miles since. Everything works perfectly; engages & disengages smoothly, no judder, no problems with selecting gears and no slipping or sticking.

So why is the pedal so high relative to the brake pedal?

Cheers, Lee

Reply to
Proteus