Air con pump

It's more likely that the pressure's too low. What car? On some the diagnostics are fairly accesible.

Reply to
Duncan Wood

My air conditioning compressor is not cutting in. Presumably there must be a temperature sensor to tell it to 'switch on' when needed? Can I cheat the system by 'shorting the wires' to check if the sensor has failed?

ttfn....Alistair

Reply to
Alistair Ross

In message , Alistair Ross writes

It won't cut in if there is insufficient refrigerant pressure. Are you sure there isn't a leak?

Reply to
Paul Giverin