Rover 620 ABS Problem

Hi

I've got a problem with the ABS on a 1994 rover 620 Sli. The ABS reley seems to start to click after i've driven about a mile, and once the speed gets over around 50mph, the ABS light comes on on the dash and once the engine is turned off seems to reset itself! I've heard there is a plug under the glove box, and that if i short the connectors together the ABS light flashes with a fault code - I found a 2 pin plug and have shorted it out but nothing happens with the ABS light when you turn on the ignition. Please help cos i'm stuck. Am I doing it right, is the plug under the glove box???

Mike

Reply to
Mike Daley

Look at the bottom front corner of the passenger door, inside the car. Directly in front of it, is a plastic corner piece. Prise it off, and the blue 2-pin Diagnostic plug is right underneath. Short the two pins with a paperclip, and then switch on the ignition to get the fault code from the ABS light.

Reply to
Nom