Engine Immobiliser Problem

Just recently acquired a Rover 200 & now having problems starting the car. Initially the warning beeper was sounding when ignition turned on - stopped that by using handset - when trying to start car just get rapid 'clicking'. Should add that this is my 1st car & know nothing about them. Hope someone can help me!! tia, Jack

Reply to
Jackie

flat battery ?

Reply to
powerstation

Loose battery terminal?

Most probably a flat or worn battery as mentioned. Had the same problem on a Rover 25 and cured it by replacing the battery as it was not holding charge.

"R" wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Taylor

thanks everyone, it did turn out to be a flat battery! Jack

Reply to
Jackie

Also a symptom when the bolt holding the 150amp fuse on a 25 goes slack and the contact is not good.

Reply to
Paul Hubbard