Gear Knob

I have a Rover 400 and want to change the gear knob , have had a look but don't want to put too much pressure on it in case it snaps. Is there an easier way to remove and what if anything should I be looking for when buying a new one ( NOT replacing with a rover part ) Many thanks in advance

Reply to
Tony

Hi

I had a good old tug at mine when my missus bought me a lovely (expensive) leather Rover knob for my 414

and then it twigged that you just unscrew it, easy as that

it did, as they say, just come off in my hand, and the new one slipped on and hasn't been any trouble since

Paul

Reply to
BT Connect

On 05/08/2004 19:39:56, in alt.autos.rover, BT Connect licked his pencil and scribbled in message

At the risk of stating the obvious, which is only obvious after the event:), if the leather look gaiter is attatched to the gear knob disconnect it first by pulling downwards at the join. (It should make sense when you see it!)

Reply to
M Pitt