Gearbox trouble - 420GSDi

Hello everyone,
I've got a 96 Rover 420GSDi with 134000 on the clock, and it's becoming difficult to engage 1st and sometimes 2nd gear. Reverse can grind
sometimes also. For all these gears, it requires a few goes before going in. What could the cause of this problem be, and is it likely to be expensive?
Looking around the internet, some people have mentioned that it could be that the clutch release requires some adjustment (my clutch was replaced 2000 miles ago), the synchro rings could be worn out, or it could be the gear linkage worn. Has anyone had the same issue, and if so, what solved it?
Thanks in advance,
Ben
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Ben,
My daughter had similar trouble on her 214 SLi and when they went to change the clutch (thinking that was the problem after it became almost impossible to engage any gear), they found that the clutch release fork had broken around the release bearing - if this is the problem, to resolve it, the gearbox needs to be dropped again and the fork needs to be replaced or welded.
Brian G