Rover 100 suspension

Hi,

I have a Rover 111L. Couple days ago I've noticed that my car is lower than usual. Left side just "collapsed" :(

Since I have the service book to that model, I checked what could cause such damage and I found the cause. The hydragas unit is damaged :( So I took it out and now I'm looking for a new one.

Can someone please tell me what kind of oil is used in the hydragas unit? What presssure should be in this unit? Service manual only describes height between wheel and the mud-guard of my Rover :/ It also says nothing about the oil used to fill the hydragas unit. How do I fill the hydragas unit with an oil?

Are there any restrictions regarding installing a new unit? I mean: should the car be standing on wheels or should I lift it, so the damaged side of the car won't touch the ground?

Is there anything else I should know/do/check/buy before installing a new hydragas unit?

Thanks for all your help, Jedrek Dec

Reply to
decjedrek

starmann