Rover 100 alarm

I have just got a rover 100 111i whenever you turn off the ign the immobiliser activats is this normal, can you turn it off and what would you do if the remote stopped working ?

Reply to
tony

Yes, this is normal, usefull for the more forgetfull amongst us.

Assuming you want to turn off just this feature, I don't think you can do this. (BICBW)

Depends on the system. My 600 has a coded key, you do not require the remote to arm or disarm the immobiliser so this is not a problem. However............

My 200 Coupe has a backup system where you use the drivers door lock to enter a 'code'. This consists of a number of turns left, then a number to the right then left and finally right again. IIRC the 100 uses this system. Check your handbook pack, if you have it, for security codes. These are typically on a credit card sized card(!) and are easily lost. (Says the bloke without security codes for his coupe)

Reply to
Jim Slibo

Just like my sister's 100

I don't think so.

Happened to my sister. Couldn't start the car so I had to tow her to nearest dealer. They need to attach a computer to interrogate the immobiliser and gain the code (200's and above have codes on a central database). They told me there was no other way since she did not have the security details for her car. Cost her £113 all in.

There is a website where you can get the remote fobs for less than this at -

It's posted here pretty regularly.

HTH

Keith

Reply to
Cotku

A central database ?

The fk'ers probably just re-coded it :)

Reply to
Lordy

When I went to get the security details for my 214si, the guy at the dealership (Hurst's) just keyed in the details of my car into the computer and it came up on screen. He told me that it was held on the Rover database, that he had to verify my identity (he sold me the car so that was a breeze) and enter some numbers (I had to write some stuff down from my windscreen and bring in my taxbook).

When I spoke to the other guy (Hurst's again but a different location) about my sister's 100, he told me to bring the car in. I asked why he could not simply get the info from the database and he told me that the 100's are not on the database.

Just what they told me.

The fob was trashed, scratched and falling apart. It was wasted. One button had little raised dots around it. The new fob came with a padlock symbol in a new fob case. And we got the old one back as well. I asked for it. I wanted to get the new battery out of it.

K.

Reply to
Cotku