Rover 618 iS CLINKING SOUND!

Hi all, hope someone can help!

Just bought a T REG Rover 618 iS. Chuffed to bits with it - only had it a week -excellent car inside and out. Unfortuntately, the front left wheel mounted a very high curb when parking and I rolled it back gently. Still drives ok, but now there's an occassional clicking sound coming from the drivers side. Sounds like its just a little bit further back than the drivers door.

Any ideas guys? Did I damage something underneath or could something be loose? It clicks every 15 seconds or so, usually when I'm going over a bump. Anything I can check?

all the best

Shaun

Reply to
Shaun

Had a very similar noise on my 200. Sounded like drivers door area, but eventually traced it to the engine compartment, a throttle cable securing clip had dropped off and the cable was tapping against the plastic inlet manifold. I'm not saying that this is necessarily the cause in your car, but the symptoms are uncannily similar and I could have sworn the noise on mine was something inside the door (until I proved it wasn't.)

Reply to
Bob Davis

Try closing the driver's door on the first catch only, see if it stops. If not, try it with the door open. I have seen a lot of 600s with clicking doors (checkstraps) and this sounds like that to me. Al

Reply to
Al