Rover 620 sqealing noise from front wheel

ive a 96 gsi rover 620,and its developed a sqealing noise from the front drivers side wheel,its more apparent when cornering left,ive checked the brake linning and the squeal plates,and they are ok,wheel bearing are well greased...so im stuck any suggestions.

pete

Reply to
pete

Same problem with mine, both sides, intermittent but more so after the brakes are hot. Stripped and cleaned everything in the front brakes, reassembled with copperslip on the metal-to-metal contact faces, no noise for 1500 miles or so, then it returned! Badger.

Reply to
Badger

sticky caliper?

Reply to
Andy Connolly

"Andy Connolly" wrote in news:blf24f$rv9$ snipped-for-privacy@titan.btinternet.com:

And mine just happened last week. Went to a garage and was charged £15 for it for nothing .. the mechanic said that there is metal or something touching the wheel.. seems to be OK now. Same model & same year as the original poster.

Reply to
Wiraone

Do you have any more info regarding this bit of metal?

I think mine does the same, but it's not a squeal as the OP mentioned, more of a rubbing/grinding, and I swear it's coming from the nearside. It only used to occur during tight left-hand bends, but is now occurring more frequently around roundabouts - giving me the impression that it's brake related (as my brakes have worn down since I got my car, and it's got worse).

Mine's a '98 620Ti.

Cheers...

Reply to
A.

"A." wrote in news:3f7b4fbf$0$10984$ snipped-for-privacy@lovejoy.zen.co.uk:

Sorry, I didn't asked much to the mechanic (which I should actually) since he said, if the squealing sound come back .. just bring it back to the garage :)

Reply to
Wiraone

well ive stripped it down again,renewed the anti sqeal plates,checked it all over,no signs of anything rubbing,checked the cylinder seems ok...took it on a test run and the sqealing is far worse any movement of the steering wheel and of it goes....guess it looks ike a trip to the local rover dealer...

Reply to
pete

Sticky calliper, only way to solve it is a complete calliper strip down, clean and rebuild.. or a new caliper... personally I'd replace the calliper, as cleaning won't get rid of the problem for long.

Heckler ²°°³