rover 623 gsi... immobilzer?

i recentley called the rac out as i could not get my car to start, he eventually said it was my immobilzer and diconnected my battery then reconnected it and the car started. ever since i cannot use my key fob to open and lock my doors this as to be done with the key. i went to a rover dealer about this and they told me i need a code to reset it, he said you put the key in the door and turn it accorrding to the code and this was going to be expensive for them to give me the code. can anyone help thanxs stef

Reply to
Stef

Stef wrote: || i recentley called the rac out as i could not get my car to start, he || eventually said it was my immobilzer and diconnected my battery then || reconnected it and the car started. ever since i cannot use my key || fob to open and lock my doors this as to be done with the key. i || went to a rover dealer about this and they told me i need a code to || reset it, he said you put the key in the door and turn it accorrding || to the code and this was going to be expensive for them to give me || the code.

When I bought my 620 4 years ago, there was no code for the alarm or the radio. My local Rover dealer gave me both codes for nothing, on proof of ownership. (ie V5). if your dealer says it's going to be expensive, either find another dealer or go direct to Rover MG.

Reply to
Gordon

Does yours use a separate infra-red remote or a radio-frequency transmitter in the key? My old 820 had the RF key and on that if the batteries in the key died you could disable the immobiliser by entering a four digit security code (procedure is in the owners manual) via the driver's door lock. The immobiliser would then stay disarmed until the RF key was used to arm it. The code is usually on either a plastic tag on the keyring, or noted on a card in the pack with the owners manual.

As for the infra-red variety which my 620 has, I've no idea how that works as there is no manual with it, yet I do seem to have the plastic tag with four digits on it...

Darren

Reply to
Darren Jarvis

transmitter