Rover 75 Air Con

My 2 year old Rover 75 has recently developed a noise like a "whine" coming from under the bonnet. By trail and error I have discovered it only happens with the air con on. Anyone got any idea what it might be?

Reply to
peter.kendall5446

Worn compressor bearings? Slipping compressor clutch? Slipping belt?

The first two are expensive repairs, the latter is a quick, easy and cheap fix so you might want to check it first.

Morse

Reply to
Morse

( snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

My XM has something similar, coming from the belt tensioner.

The more I use the aircon, the less it does it - so I presume it just gets bored...

Reply to
Adrian