rover 820i

I need to change the cv gaiters on both sides, does anyone know what i need to remove the main axel nut ? I cant seem to shift it, is it pressure tughtened or something? or am i just weak.

thanks

Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

You just need a really substantial socket, a good sized bar fitted to the socket and a long piece of heavy tube (i.e. one that won't bend easily) to fit over the socket bar to acheive maximum leverage. These nuts are tight, but they can be slackened using a long tube on the socket bar - the other solution might be to hire/borrow an electric impact wrench - with and impact socket (don't use a normal socket - it might break) and use that to slacken it - it can be done, it's just that the nuts are tight! Regards,

Steve

Reply to
steven keyte