Fake or not? More HP?

What do you think about it? Imho it is fake, I did a google search and... nothing :(

I own a 75HP rover 200 and +7HP more in a such easy way... ?

regards

Reply to
krzys-iek

It's all BS IMO. It's simply a resistor that fools the ECU into thinking that the intake air temp. is cooler than it actually is and thus the ECU richens the fuel mixture to compensate.

If you have a 75hp 200 and want to increase bhp then, IIRC, there is a relatively simple method to do so. I think you'll find that the throttle opening is restricted (I'm assuming you have a 214?). You can 'derestrict' it somehow, either by replacing the throttle body or maybe just the accelerator cable, and that will give you near as damn it an extra 25bhp!! I'm sure someone will provide all the details or you could have a look at the forums on

and
as I knowsome of the guys on there have done this modification. HTH

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Wouldnt waste your cash.

Basically runs the car rich - and 7hp is barely noticable anyway, and it'll cost you more in fuel usage.

Coyoteboy

Obviously it's fake.

Power is made by the amount of *AIR* your engine can breathe. The more air it has, the more fuel it can inject, so the more power it will make.

If you want more power, you need to look at getting more air in.

Reply to
Nom

Michael Cotton napisal nam:

ok thank you

+25HP? Like 16V engine? I can't belive...:)

Yes, I own 1997, 1.4 MPI 75HP 8V one. By the way, in the winter my rover used to burn 12l/100km od Pb95 petrol!! It was damn to high consumption imho (winter before max 10l/100), other users reported their rovers 214 8V to burn up to 9-10l/100km but not 12 like mine :(

I wonder why.... I drive "calm" not like 'fast nad furious' (If one can drive veeery fast with this engine)

OK I'll take a look, but 25HP... but fuel consumptin will reach 12l/100 again :>!?

regards krzysiek

Reply to
krzys-iek

Hmmm... I was thinking of the restricted 16v variants. Even so, if the 8v variants are restricted (and I'm sure they are) then you can still gain extra bhp by 'derestricting' it.

Perhaps there is fault somewhere. A faulty sensor such as the coolant temp. sensor, a dirty air filter and faults within the ignition system can all cause an increase in fuel consumption.

If you tend to use just one brand of petrol all the time then it may also be worth while trying different brands as some engines seem to return better mpg with certain brands (even though the petrol generally all comes from the same refineries and is chemically the same, the different petrol companies do use different additives).

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Just had a look at some old threads on

and it seemsthat only the 16v (84ps) versions had the restricted throttle body, so themod I mentioned only applies to those engines and not the 8v variants I'mafraid.

Reply to
Michael Cotton

Michael Cotton napisal nam:

OK, I didn't know that rover made 16V 75HP engine...

Yes, I also blame ECU, sensor etc, rover service told that they will connect their computer and check for ECU errors, we will see.

2-3 brands, shell, BP and polish petrol.... no change at all.

BTW What people think about rover in UK. Crapy cars or good / quite good? Rover wanted to build 75 model in FSO Warsaw factory ... it would be nice to see more rovers on polish streets, but 75 is rather to expensive car for people here. We have got only 2 rover car shops, rather small and they can't make both ends meet I think, no rover commercials on TV, rovers from UK are more expensive then skoda fabia etc...

BTW2 Any idea how to get rid of the daschborad squeaking? It drives me crazy sometimes :>

Reply to
krzys-iek