Sterling Cambelt

Please can anyone tell me when a cambelt on a sterling needs replacing. It's done 58 K on a P Plate.

Cheers

Stu

Reply to
Stu

If it's not been done yet, then it needs doing today.

5 years, 50,000 miles is the rule of thumb.
Reply to
Nom

Thanks for that. What are the chance of it lasting. ? I can't afford to have it done at =A3490 which is a quarter of the cost of the car. I know it might snap but presumable might not ?

Reply to
fester

depends which engine is fitted, its most likely you have the KV6 2.5 ltr which has a 96,000 mile interval or 8 years whichever occurs sooner. this is for 96' to 99' models. for earlier 2.5 or 2.7 litre varients (86' to 96') it is the same (96,000 miles) unless its a pre 1990 model in which case rover do not set a specific mileage interval. (i would use 60,000 as a guide) hope this helps. (for the record the labour time is 96 - 99 models "4 hours" 86 to 96 models "3 hours") steve, oxford

Reply to
someone

by the way....we dont work on "rule of thumb" anymore........not since henry ford started making cars in other colours than black.

Reply to
someone