1987 Alpine Golf Automatic ~is it time?

I am considering ending my relationship with my owned since new Golf.

I am in Toronto and wonder at my options. This car has lived on the streets for all of its life and looks a bit rough.( No one however has stolen it) the interior is clean( non smoker) The car runs well but the heat shield on the starter motor is frayed and the SM doesnt work until it cools down (around 30 minutes or so in Summer) Apart from that and some rust on the bottom of the doors and general rattiness its still a runner with cruise and automatic rebuilt

50,000 k ago New rad new water pump She still pulls well with only 276,00 k on her and passes emission every two years last one coming up in two years and after that its historical ( no more emission tests in Ontario) No rust underneath Waxoyled in '87 tires are good I just think that someone somewhere with some knowledge and beer budget could get 500,000 k out of her The timing belt was changed with the water pump a few weeks ago.

cruise control sunroof, roof rack as well, and tow bar if wanted

maybe I am dreaming and it should get the long drop ? or maybe someone would like it for parts? Im pretty open to all offers Sentimentality aside I have got more than I paid from this car and it owes me nothing. I am just wondering...

any thoughts?

Michael Lough

Reply to
limehand

[...]

Wow. I wish I lived closer. I just got rid of my 86 Golf and I've regretted it ever since.

If it were me, I'd put a heat shield on it and drive it into the ground. With the price of gas these days, It's nice to have a car with good mileage and no payment. However, I've been there. I put a lot of time and $ into my Golf and it wanted more and I got fed up with it. That's why I sold it. I trade my pile of sh!# Nissan for it back anyday though.

I know I wasn't much help. Sorry.

Good Luck!

Dave

Reply to