2000 Saab 95 stalling

Driving home the other day, my check engine light came on and my car stalled. from then on, the only way I got the car to go was keeping my foot on the gas.

I had a mechanic friend look at it and he said it needed to be run through a scanner, but he checked obvious stuff and it was ok...

I am going to bring it to my mechanic tonight but does anyone have any ideas??? It idles low when it is set and it has never stalled out on me before.

Last November I had major work done on the engine as there was an oil problem, but it has been running great since then and I am nervous that this is something major...any ideas or suggestion before I bring it in?

Reply to
ctpaulssaab

Quite likely some failed sensor for the ECU. You can't easily troubleshoot modern electronic engine management systems. That's why the dealer has the 'black box'.

Some independents may have the ability to plug in and diagnose the ECU too.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I has exactly the same symptoms on a previous 9-5 and the throttle body had to be replaced - a mere £700 :-(

Trevor

Reply to
Trevor Barry

Thank you, you win the prize....it was the throttle body, as soon as I brought it in and told the mechanic what happened, he said thats what he thought and lo and behold it was...a mere $536....UGH

Reply to
ctpaulssaab