85 Classic 900S headlight Q

Hello, just purchased an '85 carbuerated 900S and the lenses over the front running lights (at least that's what I think they are: they're between the grill and the headlight) are missing. The bulbs themselves and the reflectors are fine. At first I thought I could just get new lenses, but then some web surfing revealed that they're part of the bezel. I see in

under "Replacement & Upgraded Lighting" he talks about a Hella conversion kit that can be used for earlier models and replaces the bezel * orig headlight with a single unit (I'm assuming it looks just like the later style headlights).I've looked, but I can't seem to find either somewhere that stocks them, or a part number to try and find them locally. Does anyone know if such a thing still exists or what the part # is? If not, can the later style H4 reflector setup be mounted on an '85?If not, does anyone have a pair of bezels, with the lenses ;^), they'd like to sell? You can email off list to: isuzu91 (at) hotmail (dot) comOr if you know a place in the Washington D.C. area that stocks either the Hella conversion or the bezels I'd like to know. I'm guessing I'll fail Maryland inspection without something covering the bulbs...thanks, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Bacon

Hmm a carb 900 are u sure??

You can fit the early flush H4 lamps fitted to Euro models quite easily, might be hard to find but maybe you could find someone in europe to ship you a set...

Alternatively you get some bezels off an older car without those lights as they're unnecessary and always break anyway.

Reply to
chris

I've owned several, ranging from a 1981 to a 1985. Some twin carb, one sigle carb.

Reply to
Grunff

That must be an import, and rebadged, or a custom job. The 900S in the US was a 16V FI vehicle. Carb models were no longer imported somewhere around 1979.

These are actually just decorative, and are not required by law, except states like MD, where the inspector may demand since it was original equipment, it should be functioning.

The later-style non-sealed beams can be fitted in place of your sealed-beam and decorative light assemblies with very little work.

Should be easy enough to find these at any wrecker.

You could also try simply removing the assemblies.

lycka till! GTr

Reply to
gregory trimper

Ooops. You guys are all correct, it *is* an injected version (I spoke too soon)

Sadly, I'm registering it in Maryland. The bulbs that are in it work fine so I may try to sneak it through and see what they say. Luckily MD inspects only once, when you register the car.

Good. I may try this as an H4 setup should be brighter.

Luckily, just found someone selling some for a good price.

thanks again all, Steve

Reply to
Stephen Bacon