'88 9000 Turbo only runs occasionally?

Hey all! my first post so go easy on me, if i happen to ask a stupid question.

i just bought an '88 saab 9000 turbo. this is my second 9000 turbo. This one is an automatic. the problem is, Occasionally it'll run ok, but if i give it gas, the ignition and fuel pump relays in the dash shut off, let off gas and they come back on, the other half of the time they won't come on at all. i looked on quasimotors (i think, maybe townsend) and found a no start paper with wiring checks to do, they all checked out, so i'm assuming my ECU is faulty, but i'm not 100% sure..any input?

Reply to
al010101