88 9000 turbo won't start

when i try to start it, the fuel pump and ignition relays above the glove box, do not kick on. sometimes they will, and it'll run but if i give it to much gas, they kick off and then let off, kick back on, but usually they will not turn on at all, is it the ecu? my complex is going to tow it on wednesday if i do not get it fixed so input is good.

Reply to
al010101

in article Wsbme.3720$vp.2399@fed1read07, al010101 at snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote on 29/05/2005 05:23:

If you're absolutely certain that the fuel pump relay is good (bridging terminals 30 and 87 will provide a constant fuel feed to make absolutely certain), then I would start looking at ground wires and earth points. Do you have an immobiliser? A fault in that circuit, particularly a bad ground, would definitely given the unreliable symptoms that you describe.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday

In practical terms, that means jumpering fuse 14 to fuse 22. Fuse 14 is hazard light, always hot. Fuse 22 is fuel pump, You can hear the pump whine in the trunk area jumpering the two fuses without key in ignotion. If you don't hear anything, your fuel pump is dead.

Reply to
yaofeng

the fuel pump worked fine if i jump the fuel pump relay...

Reply to
al010101

Does the tachometer bounce when you crank the engine? This has to do with the crank postion sensor.

Reply to
yaofeng