9-3 head gasket

I am looking to buy a 1998 9-3 2.0 lpt with 67000 miles but the car had a new head gasket fitted by a dealer at 66000 miles. Should I be worried or look out for any other associated problems?

Otherwise the car is in good condition with a full saab service history.

Thanks, Tim

Reply to
Tim

Naw. These things happen. Might want to check with the dealer that did the repair as to what caused the gasket to blow. Generally it would be an overheating incident of some kind.

BTW, in the US we didn't get the 9-3 until '99. It was still called a 900 in '98, though they switched from a cable to hydraulic clutch (among other changes) that year.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

I have a 1992 sabb headgasket peplaced at 45,000. I was told the replacement gasket was an improved gasket. I now have 129k good luck gene

Reply to
PapaGene