9-5 aero engine removal help

Hi my big end has gone removed the sump and inspected the crank. Replaced the bearings but there is still a knocking/rattling sound. So my question is Do you need to remove the whole engine/gearbox to remove the crank. If no how can you remove the crank. If so could someone please give me a detail instructions on how to remove the engine either top or bottom (as i seen both can be done). What else would be reconmeneded to be replaced if the engine is removed Many thanks in advance to people who help me.

Saab 9-5 2.3 T aero 2002 112k saloon

Thanks jas

Reply to
jasoncurnow