9000 Handbrake

Hi,

Read all the available instructions (Haynes and internet) for changing pads on a 9000 (year 1997).

How much use of the handbrake handle should it take for its mechanism to settle itself? I now have too much travel ... although it is improving (I guess I can reach top notch so MOT failure is coming).

Also, it is not clear to me if after fitting new pads I should wind the piston back to position before I refit the handbrake cable or after I refit the handbrake cable.

TIA Charles

Reply to
Charles C.

If you are lazy like me, just keep pulling. It'll come back.

Reply to
yaofeng

Yes, a couple of days later it has come back.

Thanks Charles

Reply to
Charles C.