9000 manual airco problem

Hi collegues, My manual controlled airco does not start when it is switched on. My firts analysis shows that the airco works when 12 V is supplied to the magnetic clutch on the compressor. Also when 12 volt is supplied to the airco relay contact. Testing the relais, it click's when 12 volt is supplied to the solenoid, and bridges 3 switch contacts.

I checked the switch, 1 lower contact and four on the top, one of the top contacts is not wired. All contacts are open when in off position. On the top 3 contacts are bridged in on position, one off them is not wired.

Can somebody help with advice? and or wiring diagram? My haynes manual (1686) does not show the airco circuit.

Thanks in advance. Franf

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Frank

I didn't know Haynes went back that far. ;~0

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

The relay can get filled with soot. Pop it open and clean it out. My 9000 Aero 1996 a/c went intermittent and this solved it.

Reply to
NZtroll

hi, the aircon will not work if there is no gas in the unit or if there is a very low ammount of gas. there is a 2 pin low pressure switch that is only activated when there is full pressure , when there is no pressure , it deactivates the magnetic clutch. mark k

Reply to
mark krawczuk