1969 gauge problem

I can't figure out why some of my gauges don't work. I know my clock, temp, cylinder head temp are connected to power but they remain still when the power is on. I would think that the clock would work but even that is dead looking. RPM, speedometer, oil pressure work and share the same fuze. Any ideas?

- Thanks Patrick

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
Patrick

cylinder head temp are connected to power but they remain still when the power is on. I would think that the clock would work but even that is dead looking. RPM, speedometer, oil pressure work and share the same fuze. Any ideas?

Use a voltmeter or a 12V test lamp to check for voltage at each of the gauges. Check their ground connections too, as that could disable them.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

cleaning the ends of the fuses and the little holes in the contacts couldn't hurt. check the springyness of the fuse holders sometimes when they develop a poor connection, they get hat and lose some of the tension. good luck. g.

g adds. MONEY , what a concept

Reply to
BananaRepublican