93 F Brake Caliper Clip-How Critical?

Hi all,

I noticed today my Front Left caliper clip is busted. Most of it is there and it seems to be holding the outer pad in place but it has me worried. I am going to get one ASAP but I'd like to know how critical it is[??]. It hasn't caused a problem yet but if it's really bad, I'll just park the car and wait for a new one.

Thx

Reply to
WitchDr

I'm not trying to be difficult, I promise, but there is a Saab model

93F, and it looks like this:
've got one...

I assume that's not what you have, but I don't know of a "F" designation on the Saab 9-3. To speed this up a bit, what year car is this, and can you describe the clip that's missing?

If it is what I think it is, on the car I think you have, it's just to keep the disk break sqealing down. Please clarify what you've got for a more solid answer.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Strictly speaking, the 93 F has no calipers but drums... and I do not think it has any clips either. Disc brakes, with calipers, came in 1966 on the 95/96, 6 years after production of the 93(F) stopped.

:-)

You probably mean 9-3...

Reply to
MH

Well, there's clips holding the springs for the brake shoes.

My '65 96 Special (red engine, basic body) has the 4-bolt wheels and front disk brakes.

Reply to
Dave Hinz