'94 900s used to intermittently stall, now no start

All,

I have a '94 900s convertible that is killing me with all the little things that have gone wrong since I decided to repair the transmission. =(

A couple months ago, I would be driving along and the motor would just stop. most times it would pop the clutch and get it running again no problems. eventually It mutated into not starting; it this would be after it's been driving for a while, it would crank fine, but just NEVER start. If I gave it another shot in ten minutes or so, it would fire up. This left me stranded once, at night, with my kids in the car. I had it towed to my mech who replaced the fuel pump. The car worked fine for like two days, then it stalled on me while I was driving. it started up again using the forementioned trick, but now it sits in my driveway, melting away. No start. I replaced the battery today - it cranks fine, but will not start. Is this just another familiar propblem with the 900s?

Reply to
jaustin

Check the ignitition switch. The GM Saabs earned the repution for having a lot of electrial problems. My NG 900 had the batteries cables, battery, cruise control brake switch, power seat relays, most of the dash lights, and ignition switch replaced in the first 90 days. The Classic 900 I bought - only needed new tires and brake pads in the last two years :-) I wonder why people like the Classic . . .

Reply to
ma_twain

FYI - This is a classic. =(

Reply to
jaustin

1994 Classic? This isn't a Commemorative Edition is it?

I would still check the ignition switch and all of the connections.

Reply to
ma_twain

Jaustin I have a 1992 saab 900 conv last year I had the same problems you were having. After bring the car home it ran great for a few days then started to act up. The car went back in and they repalced the fuel filter which should be replaced when you do the pump.

if they did not do the fuel filter it could be your problem Good luck papa

Reply to
PAPAGENE4JACK