98 NG 900 SE automatic

Hi Where is the crepine on my automatic transmission? Thanks Pascal

Reply to
Pascal

sorry Where is oil pump strainer ? thanks Pascal

Reply to
Pascal

Right next to the crepine? ;-)

Just kidding. It is in the bottom of the oil-pan (sump) attached to a length of rigid pipe. To access it you have to remove the oil pan and whatever else needs to be done to achieve that.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

There is no oil pan in a 98 900. The pick-up is inside the box. The only way to get to it is to split the box

Reply to
tim

Box? What box? I don't know what you are talking about, and apparently neither do you. There most certainly is an oil pan (sump) complete with a strainer and pickup tube inside in both the 4 cylinder and 6 cylinder engines available in 1998. You have to support the engine so you can remove the frame crossmember to get it off.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.

Reply to
John Hudson

Damn. Reviewing the message string it appears you are right. The OP was about the transmission, not the engine. Sorry about the confusion.

-Fred W

Reply to
Fred W.