99 9-3 rear light failure

Get this message displayed although the rear-light works. By changing the display the message gets discarded and behaves normally. The problem started when I had a CD magazine problem in the trunk loaded CD changer - that also automatically fixed itself.

Looks like the rear lights work fine but erratic error messages always come on. Is there a way to reset the system or any other way for getting rid of these bogus messages.

thanks in advance, Alex.

Reply to
Richboy

Had the same occurr a few times recently. It has stopped doing it since. I have a '94 900. I've just learned to ignore some of the weird stuff that happens with this car. Let me know if you find the cause.

Cheers

Reply to
Photogenix

I checked the tail lamps, they all looked fine so i put them back in place and the error stopped. Perhaps something was loose somewhere but there was nothing you could detect visually. Weird indeed! let's hope it does not recur too frequently.

BTW, the SAAB CD Changer is one unreliable system. I suspect something with that wiring causes these wacky errors. Everytime the magazine jams, some crazy errors start showing.

Still not a bad car to drive.

Reply to
Richboy

Sounds like something I should check out. Thanks. The message popped up again yesterday after a couple of weeks.

My CD player stopped working last year, and this fall the radio completely died. But you are right about it being a nice car to drive.

I'm trying to sell it at this point and look for a newer model. The '94's just have waaaaay too many issues, as I have found from owning the car and periodically checking out this newsgroup.

Cheers,

Reply to
Photogenix