A/C relay in 9000

Can someone describe where the A/C compressor relay is in the relay panel of my 1996 9000 RHD. The relays are above the fuses and the whole lot drop down below the passenger air-bag. My manual only shows the arrangements for the earlier 9000. My A/C switches off after about 10 minutes, but will come on again after a rest. Any other ideas to look at? Thanks.

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith

i think you will find its in the auxillary fusebox which is mounted in the engine bay in front of the battery tray . i had the same trouble with mine,1997 9000cse 2.3turbo. I just put a new relay in, been perfect ever since.

Reply to
andypandy

Thanks. How embarrassing! I should have looked at my driver's handbook! I read on the net that the relay can"soot" up. I took mine apart, and the case and contacts were all covered in black, so I cleaned them up and will see how it goes now. Cheaper fix, I hope, than the local expert who said I might have to take the dash out to get at the pressure sensors!

Reply to
Richard Sutherland-Smith