A tagline change?

Once again, ad agency attempts to dig lamely into Saab's now ever more distant (albeit more interesting) past by conjuring up the new tagline "Born From Jets". At this point, it just sounds fairly hollow...really...how many engineers still at Saab cars actually also worked in aircraft design (while it still had some fledgling connection to Saab AB)? That connection doesn't exist anymore at all outside historical contexts.

I suppose it's not any more hollow than their prior tagline "State of Independence".

just my 2 bits

- tex

Reply to
Tex

Perhaps - but I gotta say that I dearly wish I could get my turbo to sound like that around town.

Phhissshhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh.

... :) ...

Reply to
Dexter J

Tex,

Saab needs to connect to its past right now, it's currently so far from it..it alienates people to look elsewhere other than Saab.

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Besides, jets = cramped seats, confusing instruments, high fuel consumption, and worse: only three wheels!

Reply to
Johannes

Even if they did, the first SAAB cars (92) came after a propeller aircraft (91), not a jet.

Reply to
MH

The Gripen's instrument layout is really good and while it may not have the space of a 9-3, having an afterburner really makes up for a lot;) The Gripens 27mm canon would be wonderful for left lane bandits too.

Reply to
WitchDr

Wow, what a negative thread!

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

I think that could well be worth $3k as an option, canon + special tires to be able to drive over the debris + addition to the SID to add to the confirmed kills counter. :-)

...pablo

Reply to
pablo

I concur, also meeting the physical requirements to completely remove an annoying SUV at a moments notice.

heheh

SG

Reply to
Saab Guy

Can someone in here try to redo the new version of the 9-5's interior cockpit to include these options from the Gripen?

This would be great!

Make sure you show the cockpit then a given highway in front with various SUV's, etc.

Remember the key points that must be included in the new (revised) cockpit.

- 27mm canon switch

- updated SID for kills counter

- Navigation with heat sensing option for "Locking onto" various "movable objects" that need to be "offed" (ie. SUV's, Ricers, etc.)

- Mid-Drive refueling Accessory for 18-wheeler tankers for those who just hate having to stop if they are making great time!!

Reply to
Saab Guy