Air Bag Warning light on 1999 9-5

Guys, I need your help.

The airbag warning light just came on in my 1999 9-5. Anyone know how to diagnose and fix this problem. I do not want to pay the dealer hundred of dollars for a simple fix. Thanks

David

Reply to
ciphfer

Well, lets see... you can toy around with it, possibly blowing the airbag or perhaps ending up with an airbag system that won't deploy... or you can pay someone qualified to fix it.

Your choice.

Reply to
Bob

The airbag system is not something i would call a "Do it yoursef job", more like a "Destroy it yourself job", on mine 98 9-5 it was the wiring behind the airbagmodule in the steeringwheel that had broken.

You need to visit a workshop anyway, to get the error code resetted, and they can also check what is causing the errorcode as that information is stored in the controlmodule.

/Mats

Reply to
Mats