Aussie '95 Model 900 Choices

Hi all! This is a bit of a fact finding mission... I am looking at couple of

1995 model 900S hatches here in Australia. One's a 2.3 litre 4 and the other is a 2.5 litre V6. Both have manual transmission, similar feature level and about the same odometer reading (the V6 has leather & alloy wheels). The homework I've done so far has been productive, but one significant question remains: Which is the better engine, power & torque notwithstanding? I read horror stories about failed timing belts on the V6 and rattly timing chains on the 4. I hear about removal of manifolds on the V6 for spark plug changes... and so it goes. At this stage I'm leaning toward the 2.3 litre... simplicity & all. I am happy to hear opinions, personal preferences and hard learned lessons. Many thanks, Norm
Reply to
normb30