BMW Ad attacks Saab? Wow!

I was watching ESPN's SportsCenter this morning and I walked away as the ads came on. Then something caught my attention as I hazily listened from the kitchen.

I could hear the announcer describing how they didn't take a cheap econobox and make it one of their own (a la 9-2x). And that they didnt dress up some overgrown SUV and place their label on it (a la 9-7x).

Now I could be mistaken with the exact wording here, but the idea was right on. Could my ears have deceived me? Is BMW in fear of "lowly" Saab? Has anyone else spotted this ad yet?

- tex

Reply to
Tex