C900 exhaust hangers

What do folks use for the rear muffler box hangers on the turbo style exhaust? The SAAB ones hang too low. The longest I've kept the rear box in the same place is with electrical wire and zip ties!!! What brand and/or part number(s) do people use?

Paul

Var tog vägen vägen? SAAB : Nothing on earth comes close

Reply to
Paul Halliday

There used to be a small motor factor in Southampton which stocked a vast range of exhaust hangers. I once bought a dozen or so of just the right size - but no idea what they were meant for.

Worth popping into an exhaust place and taking a look at a few different hangers.

Reply to
Grunff

in article 42c7a247$0$24052$ snipped-for-privacy@news.zen.co.uk, Grunff at snipped-for-privacy@ixxa.com wrote on 03/07/2005 09:34:

I didn't get the chance :) My car went in for some works I just have not had time to do and my mechanics took one look at my zip tie bodge and offered me a couple of proper hangers. How could I refuse?

Yes, the exhaust was low-slung again and offset at the end. At the weekend, I loosened the clamps and dropped the middle section onto a jack. That seems to have nipped up the pipes better, so I just get a slight nick over speed bumps, as opposed to a full on scrape. It's just about right, given that the car was lowered a further 25mm or so recently.

I take it back ... The SAAB ones are fine, so long as the exhaust is fitted properly.

Paul

1989 900 Turbo S
Paul Halliday