Crankshaft

Does anyone know if a 94 9000 cs n/a 2.3L engine has the same crankshaft as the 2.3L turbo engine? Someone who is rebuilding a 96

9000 (it must be at least LPT) engine asked if the crankshaft of my 94 cs n/a will fit the 96.
Reply to
yaofeng

Actually - I think they are different - but I could very well be wrong.

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the blocks, rods and pistons are pretty much identical - but they use the crank height to account for lower/higher compression between the engines. But again - I could be way off on that one.

Reply to
Dexter J

Looked up the technical data section of the manual, B204 and B234 share the same crankshaft. There is no distinction of turbo or none. B234E/L/R engine has a longer throw (153mm), than B204/B234i (147mm). Piston height is also different. B234i has 58.3mm piston height. B234L/R/E/B204 has 68.3mm piston height.

Reply to
yaofeng